Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Review: STRAY OUR PIECES by Jason Graff


This is the dramatic story of a mother and son. The son cannot seem to grow out of his shell and his constant bullying makes him cave back in even more.

“I’d turned my son into a soft-bellied bumble bee, too timid to sting anyone.” (7)

In an effort to give her son courage, one woman tries to make things right. Living in her suburbia town, the last thing she expected was to be bullied herself.

Story was easy to read, the pace was steady, and the writing was pretty good. There were a few too many characters for my liking, and, at times, the scenes seemed trivial. To me, this almost seemed like a tale of a bored housewife. The woman struck me like she wanted more out of life, and one of the things she wanted was for her overly-sensitive son to stand on his own. And who could blame her, right? It’s relatable in the sense that she was trying to see beyond her stale existence.

An okay read.

My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment