Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Review: VICES/VIRTUES by Beatrice De Soprontu


Cristela was a professional by day and a dominatrix by night. Still new to the act, she came to realize that the job could be just as dull as any other job. I mean, one guy liked to be pelted with cupcakes. O-kay.

Cristela never really considered getting into this business until she came across an ad looking for women with good acting skills. Sure, the money was good, but, to me, it seemed like it wasn’t about the money for Cristela. It seemed to be about exploring a new facet in her psyche. Perhaps that was the whole concept of a vice.

The story goes on to tell all about her life, past, and family.

I liked the casual writing and the laid-back way Cristela went about this whole thing. I thought it would be funnier with various dominatrix scenes presenting ample opportunity for hijinx, awkwardness, and general embarrassment. I guess I expected more comical harebrained schemes rather than a narrative journal. Although not as enjoyable as I thought it be, it was okay.  

My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment