Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Review: BEACH BUM BILLION-HEIRESS by Marika Ray


Sage wants to find a job on her own without the help of her rich daddy. To prove her initiative, her father assigns her to close a business deal in Southern California. She does that, she gets her trust fund.



“Would I follow my father’s wishes and bury all my hopes and dreams for the dangled carrots of riches? Or would I slam the door in his face and strike out on my own, leaving my family behind?” (5)



Jax was working hard to keep his dad’s beach shack afloat, especially after the woman he loved left him for money.



The plot was set: She needed to buy him out, but he refused to sell.



I thought this was a fun, carefree story. It’s a love story riding on the sun-kissed, breezy, sandy shores of lovely SoCal. It talked a little too much about the beach, although it was fitting since this is all part of the beach series, but it just made it sound almost superficial and cliché. As if Californians are all about the beach. But, still, I thought it was a pretty good read.



My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment