Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Review: MY BLUE MORAINE by T.D. Vaxton



"The image popped into my head once again of Frank, sitting alone in the school library on that first day of my senior year." (4)

2005: First day of senior year. "Why was I so sad? It sucked. Did I have a whole other year of it? Another year of no friend." (11)

Kim Romer was the shy, quiet girl in school, nervous about her first day of senior year.

Story started off kind of slow with the insipid introduction of all these faceless classmates. I was hoping it would quickly pick up and lead to something interesting, but it kept at its stagnant and unprogressive pace. The whole thing was filled with vapid monologue that doesn't really give the reader anything. At first, this struck me as a decent YA read narrated by a young girl, whom I thought would be relatable in some way. But it just wasn't what I anticipated.

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment