Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Review: FRESHMAN MOM by Karen Gorback


Meredith is a 39-year old divorcee with 2 kids. Her mother considered her a failure in marriage and in life. One thing that she wanted was to go to college. Meredith enjoyed science and wanted to study it, but no one (her mother, husband, kids, friends) took her seriously.



One thing I enjoyed about this book was the mantra: You’re never too old to go to school.



“Learning keeps me alive. The books are my blood and the homework my breath.” (LOC 510)



Story chronicles the perils of motherhood and academic challenges. Meredith’s teen daughter was such a hand-full (real drama queen.) Meredith had to juggle it all. I think readers can definitely learn from her journey, however, the read becomes a tad mediocre and bland. The lesson is inspirational, but the read was okay.



My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment