Friday, September 8, 2017

Review: DIRTY LIKE BRODY by Jaine Diamond

Ever since he defended her against some fifth grade bullies in school, Brody Mason has been the love of Jessa's life. Who in the world would've thought that "Skinny, Dorky Jessa" would grow up to be a supermodel. Yet, even the renowned fame and top-of-the-world confidence could not shake the insecurity and shyness she often felt around Brody. But when they are reunited for her brother's wedding, things are not what they used to be, ever since he became "dead" to her. It's almost like they're perfect strangers. Still...that spark was still there. And, of course, all this drama happens at a wedding, which struck me as a blasé setting--almost predictable, even. Weddings practically invite trouble and drama.

Another thing that kind of deterred me was the abundance of characters. Too many characters can overwhelm a story. I mean, I get that a lot of the characters from the last book are gathering for Jesse and Katie’s wedding (from Dirty Like Me, Book 1,) but I just felt lost in the mayhem of the wedding hoopla.

The bulk of the story centered on Jessa and Brody being consumed by each other (mentally and physically) in the midst of wedding propaganda. Jessa was going on and on how she would be the “perfect wife” and that it should be her up there in the altar. I found that kind of annoying.

 
All in all, I just really couldn’t get into this story.

 

My rating: 2.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment