Thursday, January 19, 2017

Review: UNDOING TIME by Alyssa Richards

A psychic that sense the ghostly presence.

It was a little confusing at first, because you couldn’t really tell what was going on. Was she psychically linked to a ghost? Or were the ghosts in her living room? What?

I’ve read other psychic books before, which was why I was lured to this one, but this was particularly challenging for me. The story was complex and ambiguous. First of all, who is narrating this story? Shouldn’t that be clear from the start? I guess that was my biggest beef. You don’t know who’s who, what’s what, or where you are. It’s like the reader is just dropped in this hazy world of ghosts and business men. Yeah, ghosts and business men. Unfortunately, the further you proceed, the more confusing it gets. Also, in regards to the cover, I thought the book was called THE FINE ART OF DECEPTION, since it was large enough to be a focal point, right smack in the middle of the cover (again, this lent to more confusion.) But, instead the title was in a small font underneath—in other words, it was deemed less important. No, the title is the most important thing and should be showcased prominently on the cover.

I value the whole mystery that this book was going for, but I just felt like, the whole time, I was battling for some kind of understanding.


My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment