Thursday, January 19, 2017

Review: DRAWING BLOOD by JG Alva

Sutton Mills was in Hell. At least, that’s what it felt like when he woke up alone, in pain, and blind. What was worse was that he had no memory of any of it.

It all started when Sutton met with a detective concerning the will of his recently deceased friend. Why would he leave him a box he can’t open along with a list of unknown names? Strange. What’s even stranger was that Sutton’s friend was murdered.

Story kind of yo-yo’s back and forth between past (when he looks into his friend’s death) and present (when he’s locked away some place with no memory.) This, in itself, was kind of annoying. I find that if there’s too much time change, then the reader often becomes lost. The story was well-written, for the most part, but the overall pace was rather sluggish and tedious for my liking. In all honesty, the case wasn’t as riveting as I thought it would be. It mostly dawdled.  Don’t get me wrong. I love a good mystery, but this one just didn’t do anything for me.


My rating: 2.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment