Thursday, January 26, 2017

Review: FIFTEEN FABULOUS FAIRY TALES by Karen Isaacson

This is a book of short stories, which I have a soft spot for. When you don’t want to read a full-length novel, you reach for a short story.  Well, these are 15 fairy tales from “A Tale of Two Pretties” to “The Simple Baker.”

A fairy tale is a compilation of poetry and story.  Yes, there are kings, knights, princesses, and dragons, which I’m not that keen on, but this is a fairy tale, after all. Best part about them was the modernization within. They weren’t entirely written in the Old Fashioned manner. Some of the verses may have been a tad cheesy and repetitive, but I liked the simplicity of these stories. Some of them could be a little daunting, and, surely, some were better than others. I wouldn’t necessarily call them “fabulous,” but they’re quick, comprehensible, and straightforward.


My rating: 2.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment