Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Review: ACCIDENTAL KILLER by Tong Zhang


“Is he going to die today?” An odd question for Sarah to have in the morning, but a compelling start to the novel. The topic then steers to the subject of security systems and protecting valuable assets. What assets? And why would somebody die? I didn’t get that.

Details concerning government bureaucracy and nanotechnology were very scientific and daunting.

Well-written with intellectual wit, Accidental Killer is clearly a political thriller, which may suit the fans of the genre; however, for me, it was nothing but confusion. Although the fine details and colorful descriptions were appreciated, I felt that there was too much going on to fully immerse in the story. There were too many characters and too many convoluted theories.

Judging by the title, I thought this would be more of a horror/suspense/mystery story and I guess somewhere along the line it is, but it just wasn’t what I expected.


My rating: 2.5 stars
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment