Friday, October 30, 2015

Review: WITCH HOLLOW AND THE WRONG SPELL by I.D. Blind


This is the story of 3 amateur witches--Medea, Cassandra, and Electra. A spell gone awry evokes something wicked.

Eric is a spoiled good-for-nothing and a newcomer to Hollow; he somehow gets in the middle of all the hocus pocus.

There's a lot of talk about Hollow (landscape, the town, the history) and story has an Old Shoppe dialogue. Ultimately, the story takes a long time to drum up interest. For instance, the first chapter is all about the witches' spell, and then it cuts to Eric and the constant babble of the town. I felt it didn't focus enough on the witches and the wrong spell. Mostly you're just muddling through it. Too bad. This could've been a decent paranormal.

This is the 2nd witch story I tried to read and it disappointed me.

My rating: 2 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment