Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Review: SEX, LIES, AND CRUISING by Cathryn Chapman


In an effort to get away from London and a cheating fiancé, Ellie impetuously takes a job on a cruise ship. No place better to find a sexy fling than aboard ship, I say.

Right away, she meets Seth, the "Grecian god."

Unfortunately, life on a boat is not as exciting as one would think, especially if all you do is drink, dance, and sleep with the first guy your finger lands on. "Basically, I’d been on board for about five minutes, downed drinks like a university student, and jumped right into bed with a virtual stranger. The fact that he also happened to be a colleague I’d see daily for the next six months only made things worse." (13)

Mundane and somewhat predictable, this story did not intrigue me as much as I thought. I'm sure this would be considered a fun, flirty, beach read, but it just wasn't quite for me.

My rating: 2 stars
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment