Sunday, September 25, 2011

Summer Flop

I know it may have seemed that I'd fallen off the face of the earth when I stopped blogging (and reading) this summer, and perhaps I did. With all the hectic changes that have been happening all around, how could I have not flopped this summer?

I'm usually a big book aficionado, and because of my deep literary devotion, I have a fairly steady regiment for reading (I usually read almost every night.) But, lately, I just fell off the wagon (or the planet) because of all the changes, both the planning and cancellation of these changes. Now I seemed to have run into a submissive lull, where I almost feel at peace, almost. I don't know. At this point, I'm tired of trying to get things back to the old status quo. The events of the summer have drained the life out of me, leaving a remnant to that of an old, flaccid and withered beach ball. I've been sucked so dry I feel like I've nothing left to give. That's it, I'm done. From now on, I'm just going to sit back and let this wild current take me where it wants to. Why fight it? I've been spending so much time battling the waves that I've forgotten how to enjoy the water. Well, I'm going to start enjoying it today.....starting with a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment