Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Review: CHILDFREE SOCIETY CLUB by Jaclyn Jaeger


"There are two types of women who walk this earth: those who want children, and those who don’t."

"but there came a point when [the] decision to remain childfree began to cause cracks in even [the] closest friendships, eventually creating a rift so wide that the divide has become impossible to cross."

This complex novel introduces four women in different stages of their lives.

The writing follows a literary prose, a style so deep and moving―it's almost poetic. Story was so saturated with human emotion that the weight of it was almost too overbearing. I didn't quite enjoy it as much as I expected it, because although I could identify with being childfree, which was the element that attracted me to this book, I could not relate to any of these women. I thought it was a little dull and it didn't really grab me.

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment