Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Review: DANGEROUS CURRENTS by Kathryn Knight


Malorie Montgomery was looking for a fresh start in Cape Cod. She never expected to stumble upon a human foot―one that belonged to a dead woman.

Story started off kinda slow. It was the discovery of the dead body that began to simmer some tepid curiosity. Who was this woman? How did she end up in an unmarked grave? And was this an accident...or murder? With her mind a whirlwind of chaos, Malorie could barely hold it together. Fortunately―or rather unfortunately―she had the aid of an old flame, one who broke her heart into smithereens.

The story had the makings of turning into a decent mystery, however, it continued to hold a consistent lag, which may be the reason why I couldn't develop a connection with the characters. I just didn't care about them as much as I should've, and I should have felt something for them considering the weight of emotion contained within the story. Although the author had a good writing craft, I just wasn't too taken by the story.

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment