Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Latino Book Festival is coming this Saturday, Oct 9

I am so looking forward to this year's Latino Book Festival coming this Saturday, Oct. 9 at CSULA.

Last year I went, I did not much but sit in a booth, which was alright since my intended goal was to sell books. I was suppose to speak on a YA panel with two other authors, but, unfortunately, it was cancelled and never happened.

This year, I will be speaking on a YA panel called, "Not another vampire book: Teen Lit for the sophisticated reader" with Latina authors, Jamie Martinez Wood and Malin Alegria.

And although my panel will not start 'til way late in the afternoon, I'm planning on being there all Saturday to check out the other booths and panels.

You know, since I have been a published author, I have almost forgotten that I was a fan first. I was an avid book worm before the fame of writing took over my life's ambition. And that's exactly the role I will take over at this year's fair.

This year, I will come home with a wagon full of signed books. I will not leave empty handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment