A murdered coach, and a teenage girl was the prime suspect. Cass Leary was assigned to defend her. In a small sport-centric town that idolized the coach, people wanted to hang the girl that killed the beloved man. Whoa, Cass had her work cut out for her. Why would the client suddenly confess to the murder? Was she covering for someone?
The mystery of it all certainly grabs you. With it being a legal thriller, I liked how easy it was to get into. The burden of truth is a lot heavier than you think.
“To save her, it looked like I’d have to catch a killer all by myself.”
I thought this would be hard, but it wasn’t. Not at all. Much easier than I thought. Cass Leary is definitely someone you’d want in your corner. She’s a fighter all the way when she puts her mind to it. Can Cass convince a town and a jury of what the coach was really like? The trial was pretty intense and riveting. What surprising revelations! I’m glad the killer was revealed in the end and didn’t leave us hanging (I hate that.) We had to know who killed the coach. A very good read!
Rating: 5 stars

No comments:
Post a Comment