Sunday, September 13, 2020

Review: 3 MPH: THE ADVENTURES OF ONE WOMAN’S WALK AROUND THE WORLD by Polly Letofsky


First off: How can you walk around the world? Second: WHY would you want to walk around the world? Those points didn’t make sense to me. Why would you want to be taken in by foreign strangers and live off of food that truckers throw at you on the side of the road? Doesn’t sound very fun to me. Even charity wouldn’t make me do this. Of course, the premise of walking around the world sounded interesting, but, seriously, who’s crazy and stupid enough to do that? Evidently this Polly person.

Although some of the quips were witty at times, for the most part, the narrative was very dawdling, constantly yammering about this and that. Polly certainly strikes me as a cool, brave chick by accomplishing this epic journey, and this could’ve been an okay travel memoir, but it wasn’t interesting to read.

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment