Thursday, December 19, 2019

Review: HOT CHOCOLATE AND COLD BODIES by Amber Crewes


Meghan was the owner of Truly Sweet and was offered to give out hot chocolate at Sandy Bay’s Annual Fall Festival, where a man falls dead.



Now the festival might be banned for this, and the townspeople were taking it WAY TOO seriously. Really, you need to protest and force people to choose sides? I hate that.



The murder case was good, but the couple was too lovey-dovey for my taste. I mean, where did they get this cheesy dialogue? “You look the sweetest as the queen of the hot chocolate castle.” Gag me!



There was also slight repetition in the speeches (characters names were often repeated in the same sentence – life we don’t know who they’re talking to.)



Overall, Meghan didn’t strike me as a good sleuth, but the story was your typical small-town tale. Eh, I wasn’t too taken with it.



My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment