Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Review: WOKE UP DEAD by Nadia Gilkes


“The day I woke up dead was the day my life changed forever.” (3)

“I’ll sleep when I’m dead” was a mantra she overused and now it would seem ironically fitting.

How odd, right? I mean, how does someone wake up dead? I guess it all started when she woke up in bed to blinding lights and an earthquake. I didn’t really understand this particular transition or what exactly was going on here. Turns out she was at her own funeral. Then off to the ER she went.

Story was merely describing the “process” of waking up dead, which wasn’t very stimulating. I honestly expected it to be funnier. Instead I felt that this was going all over the place. The plot wasn’t straightforward and clear.

Not what I expected.

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment