Thursday, September 19, 2019

Review: MURDER ON THE MENU by Nancy Skopin


Nikki Hunter is a P.I. with most of her cases being cheating husbands and bad employees. But this time she has something different: a murder case.



Nikki is very thorough and has keen observational skills. She finds no reason why a rich college student could’ve been murdered. After all, the kid read romance novels, slept with Shrek dolls, and watched Disney movies. On the other hand, she also got automatic deposits from a nudie bar. So the girl was a part-time stripper, too.



It takes a thief to catch a thief. Thanks to Nikki’s past life of transgressions and misdemeanors, she’s able to use her thievery skills to hunt the bad guys and bring justice to order. Her compulsion to fix the world makes her good at what she does. I thought she was a pretty cool chick.



I thought this started off pretty enjoyable because you just fall into this mysterious case, but, most of the time, Nikki got WAY TOO descriptive, especially about her dumb boats. And because of this, it was much too slow for me. Must she describe every little thing? At 25% of the book, this started to REALLY bug me how she would describe EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. I think she even describes the same people. If I have to hear one more time about how so-and-so had strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, and a vanilla complexion, I’m going to scream.



The mystery could’ve been good if it hadn’t choked me with all the describing. If this is the rest of the series will be, I think this will be the only book I read then.



My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment