Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Review: MOON DANCE by J.R. Rain


6 years ago, Samantha Moon was attacked, and, ever since then, she’s worked as a P.I. from home while taking care of her kids. She’s actually a vampire.



Now’s she’s been hired to find someone who shot a guy in the face 5 times. Why didn’t the man die? Sh then discovers her client is a werewolf.



Being a creature of the night wasn’t easy when trying to regain some semblance of normalcy. In fact, her only sustenance is through blood bags she orders online. But when she gets her first real drink from a dead rapist, the hunger becomes too good to pass up.



With her strength and powers, Samantha could easily kill the perpetrators, but she refuses and would rather let the law handle it. Her vampire abilities are pretty cool. Whatever you do, don’t ever try to take her kids away from her.



“What dark voodoo was keeping [her] alive?” (114) Throughout the novel, Samantha Moon tries to understand her purpose and her existence. She constantly ponders what she is, how she lives, or if she’s even dead or alive.



“The attack…cost me my job, my sunny days, my home, my husband, my kids, my life.” (123)



To top it off, while working on her case, a vampire hunter is on her tail.



Witty and compelling.  Samantha Moon is a kick-ass vampire.



My rating:  5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment