Thursday, August 29, 2019

Review: DYING TO GET PUBLISHED by Judy Fitzwater


In the beginning, Jennifer was in jail, only toying with the idea of murder. But she was no murderer; she was a caterer and a mystery novelist. She has written 8 novels―all unpublished. For her, writing was just something she had to do.



"Death of an agent would certainly be symbolic for any struggling author." (LOC 91)



Her plan was simple: commit a murder to get published.



This story seemed interesting. I mean, I could relate to being a published author and wanting to get your stories out there. But does she really kill someone to do it? Seems a little drastic to me. Still, I wondered if Jennifer would actually go through with it. Too many characters made it hard to keep track of the story. The reading gets long-winded and scattered.



Overall, I guess this was okay, but it just wasn't exactly what I was expecting.



My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment