Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Review: CATALYST by Jessie Cal


A mission to take down the Order—the leaders of the Catalyst trial.

Catalyst continues Mia’s story. The last we heard of her (and I’m having to go back to my review of Disarray for a rehash) she was battling the loss of memory and the struggle to remember. In the last few pages, Mia’s memory is suddenly restored.

Catalyst doesn’t quite pick up where that story left off, which is why it took me a while to get reacquainted with it. In this story, Mia is in hiding and the soldiers are still out there. There were some characters that I couldn’t quite remember, which made following the story a little harder. When I first started reading this, several questions came to mind. What was the Catalyst trial? What was their mission? I still didn’t get the whole soldier angle. And what does any of this have to do with Mia and her memory? Does Mia even have her memories back? Of course, I’m just assuming because that’s where the first book left off. And what has happened since then? For me, there were holes in this thing right from the beginning. I think I would’ve preferred a brief recap of Mia’s memory restoration and have the story pick up from there. That would’ve made it easier on me.

Once again, this is another lovely and well-written work by Jessie Cal; however, I just didn’t feel that same connection I had in the first book.

My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment