Thursday, August 1, 2019

Review: THE BOYFRIEND WHISPERER by Linda Budzinski


Love is but a whisper away.



Lexi is the Boyfriend Whisperer. Running a covert operation in the school, she plays a secret Cupid, spying on love interests, and coaching her clients on how to make them fall in love with them. Being a tomboy that enjoys sports, Lexi has always known how to get a guy's attention, giving her a 95% success rate at matching couples.



"Some days I look around at all the couples I’ve brought together and feel like Cupid himself, but deep down, I know the truth. I’m a fake, an imposter, an emperor with no clothes. Because when it comes to whispering my own crush, I’m a total fail. Stuck in the friend zone with no clue how to escape." (15)



Even though she was just a high school kid, Lexi smart and savvy professional who knew how to deliver. She's totally down-to-earth, plain, and simple. Of course, she's a bit of a sports freak, which I couldn't relate to, but, otherwise, she's totally cool and efficient.



While her numbers indicate that she's a whizz in love, her own personal love life (or lack thereof) would speak otherwise. She and Chris have been friends forever. They like the same movies, they play basketball together, and they practically stay glued at the hip. So why can't he love her like she loves him?



Of course, when it comes to high school crushes things tend to get dicey and melodramatic. At times, there were too many kids to keep track of.



Story was quirky and easy-to-read. Like I said, I wasn't interested in any of the sports play-by-play, but this was still a pretty good read.



My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment