Monday, April 15, 2019

Review: THINKING MAKES IT SO by Tyler and Rachel Moore


Told in a first-person narrative, story begins with the monotony of everyday life for someone mollified with his accomplishments but not really satisfied. For Jonah, life was just a mindless drone.

Like the character, the story drawls on, summarizing the ins-and-outs of family, friends, and co-workers. Although I did not endear too well with the character, I could understand where he was coming from—being numb toward life as we go round and round in circles. Is it any wonder why we all get “just whatever” about things?

“And now, Emily and Cora are the only aspects of my life bringing me consistent joy. Not happiness, but joy.” (15)

The writing was refreshingly witty and well-versed, but the story was average and not that compelling. I didn’t fully understand the whole “thinking makes it so” concept. What was the point of all this? Were we all searching for more? Perhaps there was some philosophical meaning that I didn’t quite grasp, but, all in all, this was an okay read.

My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment