Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Review: IT'S ALL GREEK TO ME by Maggie Aldrich




"My life, so happily low-key and simple, was suddenly so very lonely. I had enjoyed my quiet life, my easy job, my beautiful house...but soon anxiety and loneliness consumed me." (9)

Ever since the mysterious, accidental death of her parents, Emily has been in a depressive rut. An only child born to wealth and privilege, she often felt lost and lonely. Of course, when things get bad, they can always get worse. Now out of a job and learning of her father's shady business dealings, Emily is more lost and broke than ever. "My life was falling apart once again, and I felt powerless to stop it." (30)

Hers was a sad and lonely existence...until a group of girls changed that.

The last thing she expected was to be the house mother to a sorority house. What!? Odd turn of events. I certainly couldn't imagine being a mom to anything, not even a cat, and, to be honest, I wasn't sure if Emily was a right fit for the job. At this point, my main concern was being bombarded with too many characters, and that's exactly what happened. There were just too many girls.

Overall, story was easy to read, and I liked how you could relate to Emily and her struggle to start over. Story also had some witty commentary and a down-to-earth stamina, but there was also a consistent lag that withered on me. Quite frankly, I didn't find too much joy in watching over a bunch of sorority girls. I thought it would be funnier. It just didn't suit me.

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment