Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Review: PARIS EVER AFTER by K.S.R. Burns

After endless arguments and animosity with her estranged husband, Amy Brodie sets off to Paris for a second time. "All [she] wanted was a break―from [her] life, from [her] past, present, and future." (10)
 

But it would seem that her husband, William, has come for her again. How would she tell him about the baby?

Story is well-written and well-read, but it had a few too many characters for my liking. I prefer plots to be simpler and this one certainly had its complications. I mean, there's an American woman living in Paris, she's pregnant, she's separated from the baby daddy, and she's wondering how in the heck she's supposed to cope with everything. It's women's fiction in its international finesse. My main issue was that it just droned on and on and on.
 

This story certainly had an interesting angle, but it just fell flat for me.  

 

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment