Friday, December 8, 2017

Review: PEPPED UP by Ali Dean

Pepper Jones loves to run and gets a high from it. Know the feeling!

Her life revolves around running and not high school drama or Jace Wilder, the hottie senior.

"On the one hand, it looks like I'm pining after the guy I can't have, but, on the other, I know he's my oldest friend and I know he cares about me. I know where I stand and I accept it. Most of the time." (11)

Pepper is stuck in the "friend zone." He sees her like a sister. Ouch!

Pepper is relatable in the sense that she's plain in her flat, athletic body and feels inadequate with the other girls, especially since they get all of Jace's attention.

A new boy, Ryan, seems to make Pepper forget all about Jace. Almost. I actually liked these two together since they both share a love for running and understand each other. Still, she can't shake off her feelings for the guy she's been pining over, and it seems this is just what it takes to get Jace to notice her. Now, on top of competing for state nationals, Pepper is caught between two guys. How can she ever let go of Jace, especially when he looks like he's gotten himself into trouble? And Pepper might be the only one who can get through to him.

I really liked this book. It's a quirky, fun novel! Although I could've done well without all this talk about competitive racing. I mean, I like running, but it's not my life. Guess Pepper would disagree.


My rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment