Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Review: DON’T CALL ME KIT KAT by K.J. Farnham

Now that she’s started jr. high, 13-year old Katie just wants to be in the in-crowd, and she’s willing to do just about anything for it—even shoplift!  But what else can she do when’s she’s been cursed with an A-cup and a roll of tummy fat? It seems to me that Kat was in for a reality check and desperately needed to get a life.

 
Story was kind of average and a little dry. All you hear about is Katie talking about school and the star rep she so frantically wants to be. I kind of wished that she would just relax and enjoy being herself.  No, but all she cares about is the weight gain and her boob size, because, evidently, “everything you do and say, matters.” She was way too hard on herself.
Katie was blowing everything way out of proportion. And for all this anxiety to turn into an eating disorder, that was a little too extreme. I mean, sure, this is a serious issue that kids face today, but it just seems that Katie could’ve been a stronger person for it. I think I would’ve liked this story better if she had been.


 

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment