Thursday, October 5, 2017

Review: THE WEST WOODS by Suzy Vadori

This is the second installment of The Fountain series. The first book, The Fountain, was an exceptional YA novel about making your wishes come true.

The second book takes place at the same old St. Augustus and follows a young girl named Courtney and her friends. On a dare, Courtney ventures into the West Woods, where she finds a key leading to hidden secrets about magic and the school. And then she stumbles upon that same fountain that was so captivating in the first book, and she makes a wish. Story started off pretty slow with its vapid array of characters and develops into a slow and complex plot. I mean, I felt like it took forever to get to the fountain, and the main character didn’t make it any easier. At times, I just couldn’t stand her with her constant talk about the in-crowd and boys and all. I couldn’t really hold any interest for any of it. I’m sorry to say that this book could not hold a candle to the first. It wasn’t even in the same league, much less my expectations.

 

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment