Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Review: THE TROUBLE WITH DYING by Maggie LePage

The last time I tried to read a book by this author, I admit that I couldn’t get past the 2nd chapter. But this one had a woman lingering between life and death, so I thought I’d give it a shot.

Faith is in a coma of some sorts; her spirit (or whatever) is standing there watching her limp, lifeless body with no memory of how she got there or who these other people are. She doesn’t recognize her own husband, her daughter, not even her mother. The only person she does remember is her dead grandma, who kind of aids her in the process.

Faith makes it a point to get back into her body because, quite frankly, death sucks.

What I enjoyed the most is being lost along with Faith about who she was, then slowly unraveling these little clues. Like the fact that Nate (the one she had an instant connection with) wasn’t her husband, but rather it was some arrogant douche that wanted to pull the plug on her. It turns out her fall may not have been accidental, but instead attempted murder. The question was: who would want to kill her? It was interesting to see all the pieces coming together, which prompted me to keep on reading, even though the writing was a little kooky.

You’ll root for Faith all the way as she fights to get back into her body to be there for her daughter, to knock some sense into Geoff, and to see if Nate really is the one for her. A story about second chances.

A true- blue mystery ‘til the end, although the ending was a bit played down, if you ask me. Still, this was a nice paranormal  read.


My rating: 3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment