Thursday, June 30, 2016

Review: WHAT GOES AROUND by Helena Donovan

It begins with Phoebe, who has had an indecipherable problem with rage since she was nine.

Then the story switches over to Nina Carlson, who was incarcerated for 2-3 kills and recently released on parole.

Story had a slow start as it dives into the views of multiple characters (Nina, Becky, Detective Ed, etc.) Things get a little more confusing as more unknown characters (apparently murderers) come into play and reminisce about a whacked-up childhood.

So right away I wondered who the central character was. Who was our main focus? This shows that there were too many characters and, unfortunately, the story didn’t compensate too much for it. Don’t get me wrong. I like a good murder mystery. In fact, there were a few characters here I would’ve liked to have been killed off.

I wanted to give this book a chance, but as I progressed, the book just kept getting more and more perplexing and daunting.


My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment