Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Review: COVER GIRL CONFIDENTIAL by Beverly Bartlett

She's the host of a wildly popular, top-rated morning show. Bride of a high-society golden boy. A veritable household name. An immigrant rags-to-riches story that's the American dream personified-and so perfect for Hollywood. Men want her. Women wish they could be her. But now Addison is in jail awaiting deportation and her celebrity rating is falling faster than a discount boob job. Maybe the First Lady's personal vendetta is to blame. (Addison insists that the president was pulling her onto his lap when that photo was taken.) Or perhaps everything started to go downhill when she threw exercise equipment at her husband on live TV. (Addison says the jerk had it coming.)





My thoughts: This is the story of an “exotic” beauty’s rags-to-riches-to-slammer story. (“exotic” because of the indiscernible ethnicity.)

Full of pop culture references that makes you feel like you’re in Hollywood Land. Yeah, I’m not into all that glitz and glamour.

“I was less the child of my parents and more a child of America.” (19) All Addison wanted was to be in the spotlight. She was such a vain and shallow character that sometimes comes up with a witty remark.

Why did I choose to read this? I must’ve gotten it for a reason, but I just can’t remember. In any sense, story wasn’t for me.

My rating: 2 stars
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment