Monday, November 23, 2015

Review: MELTING STEELE by Kimberly Amato (Book 2)


Jasmine Steele is your run-of-the-mill detective, a regular CSI, a Law and Order chick. Personally, I don't find these hard-core mystery thrillers particularly interesting, but I'm always willing to give one a shot every now and then.

It all begins fairly standard--with a dead body, a case to solve. Although I applaud policewomen in action, I had some trouble drumming up interest as the story was rather mundane and languid. It mainly consisted of police protocol and forensic evidence--nothing too stimulating. It then progresses to a convoluted and unmemorable plot.

Ultimately, I just wasn't that excited by the premise. Perhaps I would've felt different had I read the first book in the series. In fact, that's typically my preference, but I couldn't figure out how to open up the Mobi file on my e-reader. In any sense, I doubt my opinions would've differed any because the first book sounded pretty much the same.

All in all, this was a good effort, but it just didn't suit me.

My rating: 2 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment