Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Review: LEAVING LONDON by Garry Crystal


“Seize…the..day..bro.”  Those were the words uttered by a complete stranger while getting it on with some woman on a plane going down.

Then Cal wakes up.

This certainly had a refreshing start, but it kind of fizzled as it progressed. Instantly, the story tosses back and forth between past and present, relaying a tepid and mildly amusing plot. Frankly, I couldn’t really drum up enough interest to sustain Cal’s story. So the guy’s running around London, drinking and smoking, and, in the interim, falls into bed with some local chicky. Where’s the hype? I guess I would’ve enjoyed it more if the writing wasn’t so dry and if the characters were more invigorating, more developed and certainly less forgettable.

I just couldn’t get through it.

 
My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment