Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Review: THERE’S ALWAYS LOVE by Joycie Russ

Jade, a young homicide detective has strange dreams that lead her into reopening a cold case. As she searhes for answers, she discovers old family secrets and a world she never knew existed.




My thoughts: Questions without answers. That’s what our heroine, Jade, has after the recurring dream of finding that dead body.

The mystery behind the dreams and the puzzling murder draw you in, but then the plot deviated to a lackluster story pattern. Suddenly it became all about the engagement, the marriage, and about the love of being in love. Oh, give me a break. What about the dead body?

I wanted to learn more about the dream, but when all she could talk about was "happy" life together, I quickly became disillusioned and disinterested.

If I were a lover of love, this would be an okay story with a pedestrian writing style.

My rating: 2 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment