Thursday, September 12, 2019

Review: NORMALISH by M.C. Lesh


A new kind of “normal:” somewhere between average and out-of-your-mind crazy. It’s about perception. Was she normal? She was a freshman, who didn’t fit it, hated school, and thought all the other kids were idiots. For Stacy, the movie, 10 Things I Hate about You, can sum up her life pretty well.



Everyone knows that life can be depressing and this kid was as witty and sarcastic as can be. She keeps it real. But she’s also in love with love—actually she’s in love with Anthony.



“For the past 2 years, my love for Anthony has been the one constant in my life: the thing I can count on, just like the extra zit on my forehead when I’ve had too many French fries (love is like…junk food?)” (17)



She sums up her mediocre high school existence in a diary format, which read like an 80’s teen movie (I could almost see the prissy Molly Ringwald in a shallow role.) Her monologue read like a vapid drone at times. That’s when my interest started going down. It’s okay if you like reading a teen’s diary.



My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment