Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Review: THE BURDEN OF TRUST by Tabitha Young


Kate has just landed in New York. Although it’s been years, she still couldn’t help the pain she felt whenever she saw a mother and child on the street. “It should have been hers, not this emptiness she was left with.” (4)

Right away, you’re touched with a fleeting empathy for Kate, who seems lonesome and lost. The last thing she ever would have expected was to meet Chris Cody, the handsome movie star. From that point on, the two embark on a journey that could very well end their hopeless misery.  

Although the writing was pretty good, I wasn’t really as captivated by the story as I thought I’d be. Kate and Chris are deep and endearing characters, but their story was a bit too complex, which exacerbated this lengthy and dry novel. I’m sure there’s an inspiring message concerning life, love, and friendships; however, I just couldn’t get into it.

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment