Saturday, December 29, 2018

Review: FINDING CINDERELLA by Colleen Hoover (novella)


“It only feels perfect because we’re pretending it’s perfect.” (237)

After one year, the boy was all about searching for the girl he had a passionate interlude in the closet. Right off the bat, the concept became interesting.  

“In reality, people are who they are and they’ll never really change. So why the hell are Val and I even wasting our time on this exhausting relationship if we don’t even really like each other? (266)

The character dialogue was reminiscent of Holden Caulfield—very entertaining. I loved the brutal honesty of the protagonist, Daniel. It was funny sometimes.

I agreed with Daniel about the purse. Girls who don’t carry purses don’t carry make-up and perfume. That’s what made Six so beautiful and perfect for him. I liked that Six was as straight-forward as Daniel. Those two were so compatible in a lot of ways. But was Six “Cinderella”? I wondered.

There was a good twist near the end. At times, it got a little too sappy with all the romantic love, but it was an enjoyable story nonetheless. I was especially impressed by how the author was able to accurately depict the thoughts of the teenage male brain.


My rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment