Thursday, October 4, 2018

Review: FOOTSTEPS IN THE ATTIC by James Peter Usavage


It all begins with a young girl named Rita and her fascination with a Ouija board in her attic. In search of answers, she decides to see the local fortune teller. It was then that she learns she was "born under a veil" and that she too has a "gift." Well, she always had a feeling she was different.

A man named John did not meet Rita until she performed tarot readings at his birthday party. Soon, the two begin dating. Then there was this long summation involving a wedding, a remote vacation, and, finally, a mystery of some sorts.

I liked the average and simplistic style of the story, however, I felt that certain areas lagged a bit and I often wondered if these parts were even necessary. There were also a few too many characters for my liking. I just hate it when I can't keep track of everybody.

What started off as an okay read turned out to be way more complicated than I thought. I would've liked for it to be kept simple. I wasn't that thrilled with it.

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment