Friday, November 17, 2017

Review: BEING GIL’S SISTER by Lisa Stewart

Right away, we meet Sunny, a straggling, nonsensical broad with no prospects and no clue. Apparently, she’s not really good at much as people often ask her what she’s actually good at. I guess she’s a good chatterbox. She has a big brother named Gil, who is referred to as a “walking cliché” (although I don’t really get why.)  

I was put-off by her insane and incorrigible rambling. I guess this was supposed to be a diary of some sorts, but it certainly doesn’t really read like that. She just goes on and on and on. She makes a few observations and quips that are fairly humorous, but it wasn’t enough to sustain the plot that we never really get to reach at any point. The whole thing was just dull.


My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment