Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Review: VISIONS by Kimberly Readnour


In the prologue, we get a scene with a girl named April, who has apparently been kidnapped.


Then the story re-starts with Heather, a teen that has just moved with her mom for a fresh start, to forget about being clairvoyant or, in the phrase of her peers, a freak. You see, Heather has visions. She resents not being normal, which is why she’s always played it solo, never getting close to anyone. Then she meets Barry, a total hottie.


Why does Barry fear her house? What strange feeling comes over Heather over that bedroom? It turns out that she is having visions over a boy that disappeared long ago.

Told in the POV of Heather, reader experiences her visions, seeing and feeling what the victims felt.


For the most part, this was an easy and compelling read. I liked the concept of psychic visions and it was somewhat of a good mystery, but I felt the drama was daunting. Heather just over-dramatized everything—her feelings for Barry, her resentment toward her mother, her fear of being discovered a freak, etc. Also, the case for the missing boy was a tad anticlimactic; that could’ve been more compelling. I wouldn’t necessarily go out of my way to read the second in the series, especially seeing that it concerns some government corruption. Nah, I think I’ll pass.


My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment