Thursday, June 23, 2016

Review: GOING BACK by Jennifer Young (Book 2)

This story is a sequel to A Portrait of My Love, but instead the focus is on Leona and the family feud in her history. Actually, this story takes place exactly where the first book left off, rehashing the events of her wealthy inheritance, her impromptu holiday with Skye, and her abduction in Italy in a news article. In all honesty, I didn’t take too much of a liking to Leona when she was first introduced in Book 1. I thought she was hyperactive, impetuous, and bossy. Although she was fairly generous with her newfound wealth, I found her to be too much of a flippant, spoiled busybody.

Going Back is just as it sounds—going back to Italy, going back to Nico and Faustino, going back to that tense family history. I wasn’t very consumed by the long feud in Leona’s family when I first started hearing about in Book 1 and I was even less enthused continuing the saga in this second book.

Again, the Italian scenes were rendered in vibrant and rich colors (I do LOVE Italy,) and Young has a talent for artistic and soulful composition; however, I wasn’t particularly moved by the plot.


My rating: 2.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment