Monday, December 14, 2015

Review: COURAGE STOLEN by R. Scott Mackey (Book 4)


I’ve only read two books by R. Scott Macket: Courage Begins (book 1) and Courage Resurrected (book 3).

Courage Begins was an excellent start to the series while Courage Resurrected displayed a promising plot that, unfortunately, didn’t quite deliver. The major issue for me was the complicated and wordy details, details that become more prevalent in the fourth book, Courage Stolen. In this book, we have a project that could eliminate foreign oil and reduce greenhouse gases; someone steals it, demanding ransom; and two people are murdered in the process. It sounded simple enough, but then the story becomes more convoluted with the involvement of street gangs, eco-terrorists, and corporate executives, which wears out the reader. Although Mackey expresses a talent for the written word, his stories are too dry and complex. I kind of wish he would go back to the same simple wit that captivated me in the first novella. But, of course, that’s just me. Again, this book would be perfect for fans of political thrillers.

My rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment