Friday, August 21, 2015

Review: THE MAN I LOVE by Suanne Laqueur

Being abandoned by his father at an early age, Erik doesn't strive for the chance at true love. But, if it comes, he will know.

Then came Daisy, "the girl with the wrong name."

The beginning lagged a bit, paving the road for a winded and arid plotline, which revolves around music and dance. Behind the eloquent music notes and graceful dancing, a love story plays out off-stage, behind the curtain, almost hidden in the shadows. The drama that should've riveted the reader with an electrifying mass of deep, passionate notes is nothing more than a subtle, malleable tone. Although it appeared to be a good New Adult/Contemporary Fiction novel, I couldn't really get into the story. Like a symphony orchestra, I felt like I should've been more moved by it. But I wasn't.

My rating: 2 stars





No comments:

Post a Comment