Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Review: DIVERGENT DREAMS by Tony Evans

Great stories told in 1,000 words or less to fill those times between sleeping and working. In this book you’ll learn that burying a body in the woods is difficult when you’re being haunted by a doll. You’ll discover a new underworld of humans upgrading their bodies with inexpensive electronics. And you’ll go on an adventure with Oake and discover that there is more to his meager existence than meets the eye and the path to truth is through a fruit. These and many more stories await inside…





My thoughts: This is a collection of flash fiction that provides a mere glimpse into the lives of morose and disturbed characters.

In “My Soul to Keep,” a menacing doll stalks a man after burying the body of a little girl. I especially enjoyed the bleak irony in it.

“Sailing Away” is exemplary of a writer’s poetic prose to human compassion.

Divergent Dreams is open to wide interpretation with its ambiguous style and complex metaphors. At first, I thought it may have had a religious element, but then I felt that it was more sci-fi; I wasn’t sure. Obviously it had worlds where anything was possible. Quite frankly I was more puzzled than intrigued by these short tales. 

My rating: 2.5 stars
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment