Link Bar

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Review: YAQUI DELGADO WANTS TO KICK YOUR ASS by Meg Medina

 


Right away, I liked the witty and refreshing narrative of Piddy Gonzalez, a new sophomore in school who apparently already made an enemy. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough to hold me for the rest of the book. She quickly loses you with her tendency to deviate a lot into dumb, superficial things that are really not interesting. That made the narrative way too long and winded. Piano teachers, nail polish, and Cuba. I mean, who cares?

 

This honestly got worse the more I read it. I honestly thought that this was a graphic novel, which was why I bought this, so that was my first disappointment in all this. I thought I’d give a chance with reading it because I liked the title. The title was the best part. The read was just rotten.

 

Rating: 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment